Communities - take action for safer roads
Road safety is a community issue. Everyone has the right ot make safe and healthy journeys where they live but traffic speed and a lack of safe places to walk and cycle blight communities across the UK.
Road Safety Week is the ideal time to get together with people in your community and shout out for safer roads where you live and fundraise to support people affected by road crashes.
Register now to join hundreds of community groups who have signed up to take part in Road Safety Week 2020.
How to get involved
There are loads of different ways to take part in Road Safety Week.
Register for Road Safety Week 2020 and we'll send you a free, online action pack, full of advice, ideas and activities to help you get involved.
- Run an awareness campaign on social media asking people to share their views on speed in their community, and pledge to use roads more safely.
- Join a local Community Speedwatch initiative.
- Encourage local schools, nurseries and colleges to run Road Safety Week activities such as lessons or assemblies where possible.
- Print and display the free posters in your action pack in community centres, local shops, noticeboards or religious centres.
- Take part in one of our great fundraising activities to support Brake's vital work campaigning for safe and healthy mobility for all and supporting people affected by road death and serious injury.
Your free, online action pack will help you do all this and more.
Find out more
Support Brake's work
Every 20 minutes, someone is killed or seriously injured on a British road. Each crash is a tragedy, each crash is preventable.
Brake's vision is a world with zero road deaths and serious injuries where everyone moves in a safe and healthy way, as part of our normal day. Help us achieve this goal.